To coincide with International Earth Day 2019 we launched our own project; #mountaincleanup. Too often when out on the hills we are confronted with litter and waste left behind by others and destroying the natural beauty of one of our greatest resources. We want the mountains we love so much to remain unblemished and beautiful for as long as possible. We encourage everyone to bring an extra bag with them when hitting the trails so they can pick up any rubbish they come across and bring it back down off the mountain to dispose of responsibly. We want everyone to take photos of their efforts and get tagging @earthsedge #earthsedge #mountaincleanup. Every time you do you’re in with a chance of winning a Columbia Outdry Ex Eco Tech Shell We want our beautiful mountains to remain exactly that for as long as possible!
In Earth’s Edge HQ in Donnybrook, Dublin we have made changes to our everyday practices to ensure we are acting as responsibly as possible from the ground up!
- We switched our electricity supply to 100% renewable power.
- We have introduced recycling bins and a compost bin which have dramatically decreased the volume of the general waste bin.
- We improved the insulation in the attic and replaced the old single-glaze windows which really cut down on our heating bills during the winter!
- Our office is centrally located so we are lucky that everyone in the office can walk or cycle to work.
- We are all vegan, vegetarian or consciously cutting down on animal-based products.
- Our sustainability practices are part of an ongoing conversation and we are constantly looking at new ways to reduce our impact and help the planet.
We send detailed information to all clients in advance of departure, outlining best practice in their chosen destination. We educate our clients on local customs and encourage clients to be respectful and aware of local beliefs and to remain mindful of potential differences and pitfalls. We encourage our clients to be mindful of where they invest their money while traveling – to put money directly back into the local economies and minimise the potentially harmful effects of a robust tourism industry on the local culture.
We have a strict prompt payment policy – we aim to pay all our suppliers within 5 days of receiving their invoices.