Why Choose Earth’s Edge:
We are the only company in the world who send an international guide and doctor on all expeditions while keeping group sizes sustainably small.
- A highly experienced expedition leader leads each of our expeditions. This ensures we consistently deliver professionally run expeditions. They will be there to offer you expert advice throughout your trip.
- An expedition doctor accompanies each expedition to provide industry-leading medical support. Should you fall ill or have an injury they will be there to provide immediate medical care.
Our guides and doctors allow us to deliver an unrivalled level of safety and service for each and every one of our clients.
- We keep group sizes small to minimise our environmental impact and foster a strong group dynamic. Our maximum group size on most expeditions is 16 and our average group size is 13. On more challenging peaks our maximum group size is 12 and our average is 8.
To read more about our safety standards please visit our safety page.
Responsible travel is at the core of what we do at Earth’s Edge and has been since our inception in 2007. As a certified B Corp we are committed to using business as a force for good to support our communities both locally and worldwide as well as create more environmental awareness. Visit our B Corp page to learn more.
We organise a number of environmental programmes and community projects here in Ireland and internationally.
Our projects include;
- A scholarship to train porters to become guides on Kilimanjaro.
- Our office staff volunteer their time to take students from an inner-city Dublin school into the outdoors for an immersive learning experience.
- Each year we plant one native tree for each person that has travelled with us in the preceding 12 months.
To read more about our projects and sustainability practises please visit our responsible travel page.
- We are a 100% Irish-owned small business. Our MD, James McManus, is involved in the daily running of the business and also leads three to five expeditions per year.
- We are a fully licensed and bonded company. As we are based in Ireland, we are licensed with the Commission of Aviation Regulation in Dublin, our licence number is 0711.
- Detailed risk assessment and management systems, including evacuation plans, are put in place prior to each expedition. Our team in Dublin provide 24/7 phone support to each expedition.
- We run training weekends two months prior to each expedition, which includes a full expedition brief, two training hikes and expert advice from an Earth’s Edge expedition leader and doctor.
- We have clear and transparent pricing. What’s included and excluded from your package is made clear prior to booking.
- All of our office team travel on one expedition per year which means they can answer your questions based on first-hand experience.
- When you sign up for an Earth’s Edge expedition you are entitled to a discount from our equipment partners at Great Outdoors to ensure you get the best gear for your expedition.
- We post daily updates of each expedition on our Facebook page so family and friends can monitor your progress.