We, Earth’s Edge, Unit C28, Wicklow Enterprise Park, P.O. Box 8, The Murrough, Wicklow, Ireland, are the owner of this website www.earths-edge.com and we are committed to protecting your privacy and information.
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including any information about other persons on your booking. Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa) or make a booking through our website, by phone or by email. If you have made a booking on someone else’s behalf then you are responsible for ensuring that the other person/persons are aware of the content of our privacy statement and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our use of your Information
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose and process your information outside Ireland. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data to the airline. Some countries such as Russia require us to supply personal data for our participants in advance in order to secure the relevant documents required for visa application. Our local operators in some countries may require personal data in advance in order to secure trekking permits or to make in country flight or train reservations. These requirements may differ depending on your destination. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
- Sensitive information such as that collected on your medical declaration form is used to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent in this regard. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to exchange relevant information and sensitive personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of participants or in an emergency. Earth’s Edge staff will have access to this sensitive information, including our office staff, our expedition guide and doctor.
- All card payments are processed securely by Paypal through our website. We do not collect, have access to or store any of your financial details.
*If you do not agree to ‘Our Use of Your Information’ above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
Direct Marketing Material
- We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Our website will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking. You will be given the opportunity on every communication to opt-out of receiving such information.
- If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of ‘Your Rights’ below.
- Upon making a written request to Earth’s Edge, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a standard fee of €6.35) and to correct any inaccuracies.
- In addition to the ‘opt-out’ option, you also have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way. Please write to Earth’s Edge, 97C Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To store information about your preferences, and allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.