Whenever we’re planning a big trip, the budget is likely one of the first things we think about. No one needs a nasty surprise late in the game, like hidden costs or unexpected fees. That’s why we’re very upfront about how much our expeditions cost. If you’re wondering how much it costs to trek to Annapurna Base Camp, we’ve got everything you need to know…
How much it costs to trek to Annapurna Base Camp
Let’s get right to it! The Earth’s Edge expedition to Annapurna Base Camp currently costs €3,699*, including flights from Dublin. Our 16-day expedition includes…
- International flights from Dublin to Kathmandu return economy class.
- Internal flights in Nepal.
- Experienced Irish/UK expedition leader.
- Experienced Irish/UK expedition doctor.
- Training Weekend in Ireland.
- Local English speaking guides, local cooks and support team.
- All accommodation based on twin sharing in hotels in Kathmandu & Pokhara. On the trek you will be staying in teahouses where the room configuration is a mixture of twin rooms and dormitories.
- All meals and drinking water are included except in Kathmandu & Pokhara where accommodation is based on B&B.
- A celebratory dinner at the end of the expedition.
- All transport throughout the expedition.
- All group gear consisting of first aid kits, mountaineering equipment, cooking equipment etc.
- An Earth’s Edge bandana for all participants.
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp from the UK
If you’re joining us from the UK, you can simply choose to book the expedition without flights, and book your own. The expedition currently costs €2,999* if you want to book it without flights. We’ll then tell you exactly what flights you’ll need to book. We can also help with airport transfers.
What’s not included?
There are a few things that aren’t included in that fee. That doesn’t include your own personal travel insurance, vaccinations, and tourist visas. It also doesn’t include your own gear, like hiking boots etc. You’ll also need to bring a bit of spending money, too…
How much cash do I need to bring?
We recommend you bring $300 in cash, as well as your credit or debit card. This will be for any personal bits along the way – souvenirs, treats, and a beer at the end! We also pride ourselves on the relationships we’ve built with our guides and porters locally. The recommended tip for this trip is $150 – you give this to your expedition leader, who divides it equally. That’s not in addition to the $300 above, it’s included in that amount. So you’ll have $150 of cash for your own use.
When you’re on the trail, wifi and hot showers are available in some teahouses at a cost of approx. US$5 each. So you might want to factor that into your budget.
Can I pay in instalments?
Of course. An initial deposit of €399 will secure your place on the expedition. After that, you can pay in segments in your account as frequently as you’d like. The full amount is due three months prior to the expedition.
So that’s how much it costs to trek to Annapurna Base Camp! Click here if you want to read more about our expedition.
*Prices are subject to change