Let’s face it – whenever we’re planning a big trip, the budget is one of the first things we think about. Especially when that trip is an exciting expedition in a far flung location, like a trek in Pakistan. That’s why we’re transparent about the cost of all of our expeditions, so you know exactly what you get for your money! If you’re wondering how much it costs to trek to K2 Base Camp, here’s a post that will answer all of your questions…
How much it costs to trek to K2 Base Camp
The Earth’s Edge expedition to K2 Base Camp currently costs €5,499*, including flights from Dublin. Our 24-day expedition includes…
- Return International flights from Dublin to Islamabad (Economy Class) (UK flights not included)
- Internal flights in Pakistan
- Experienced Irish/UK expedition leader
- Experienced Irish/UK expedition doctor
- Training Weekend
- Local English speaking guides, cooks and support team
- All accommodation based on twin sharing in hotels in Islamabad and Shardu and camping elsewhere
- All meals and drinking water except in Islamabad and Shardu where accommodation is based on B&B
- A celebratory dinner
- All transport throughout the expedition
- All group gear consisting of first aid kits, mountaineering equipment, cooking equipment etc
Trekking to K2 Base Camp from the UK
If you’re joining us from the UK, you can simply choose to book the expedition without flights, and book your own. The expedition currently costs €4,699*, if you want to book it without flights. You can then book your own international flights to Islamabad.
What’s not included?
While the fee is comprehensive, there are a few elements that aren’t included. For example, you’ll have to get your own travel insurance, personal equipment, vaccinations and tourist visa (currently this is $35). You’ll also need to bring a bit of cash with you…
How much cash do I need to bring?
We recommend you bring $350 in cash, as well as your credit or debit card. This covers any personal spending, like souvenirs, treats, and the odd beer if you feel like it! This also includes a recommended tip of $200 for our hardworking porters. You can give this to your expedition leader, who divides it among the team.
Can I pay in instalments?
Absolutely! An initial deposit of €399 will secure your place on the expedition. After that, you can pay in segments in your account as frequently as you’d like. The full amount is due three months prior to the expedition.
So that’s how much it costs to trek to K2 Base Camp! Click here if you want to read more about our expedition.
*Prices are subject to change